Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What exactly IS a CATXPRT???

So I'm pretty sure it's one of my co-workers, or maybe a bagel regular. I'm not sure. But what I am sure about, is that this person considers themselves to be a feline aficionado. Or as their license plate would describe them....a "CATXPRT"

Cat expert? Really? An expert...about CATS? Now dogs...I can at least understand that. Flip channels enough, you'll find dog shows, dog competitions, TV shows like "The Dog Whisperer" or that insufferable "Its Me or the Dog" bullshit. (Yes I've watched. No I don't approve.) There's even a goddamn PUPPY BOWL going on during the Super Bowl on the Animal Planet. (With Kitty half-time show, but who gives a shit, we're all watching the Super Bowl half-time show anyway hoping for some tit.) But no...cats. There is, apparently, within the Bagel Shop world....a cat expert.

Now honestly, what exactly is there about cats to even be an expert on? Don't get me wrong, I like cats. I had a couple growing up. They're cute and they purr and they play with balled up tin foil. Fucking precious. But to be an EXPERT on something, I feel like there should be some vast wealth of knowledge existing on the subject to be an expert about! And not only that, but to go so far as to put it directly on your license plate!? As if the single defining thing about your life that you want every passing car to know is the fact that you know your shit about cats!

Honestly...it sort of makes me sad.

And yet, it is what it is. I've started noticing the car in the parking lot of my work recently, and now I must find out. Who is this CATXPRT? Do they know something about cats that the rest of us have been too blind to observe? Maybe they just have an ironic and therefor hilarious sense of humor. Maybe a russian blue saved them as a child and they've dedicated their life to knowing the underlying brilliance of an often overlooked family pet. Or maybe.... maybe.... they just like cats.

Bagel Girl Out.

p.s. Funny order of the day... Roast Beef and honey mustard on a Chocolate Chip bagel. These people disgust me sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment